Friday, May 1, 2009

hmm...

Every now and again it comes down hard in my mind that "oh, my, i'm a mom!" and that comes as the largest responsibility i've ever had but also as the largest honor i've ever had! This little boy wants nothing but love and care, fun and rest, nurishment and safety from me and Tony. This little boy sees us day and night and knows no else. What selfishness on my part when i choose laundry over toys, or even sometimes a shower over a nap. When will he ever be 9 months and 3 weeks again? Never. When will i get to take back that time that i needed to clean my house over the time when he just wanted to sling toys all over the floor and laugh at all the noises they make? Never. The day will come when my house will already be clean because toys weren't slung around in the first place and it will be amazingly quiet because the sound of laughter has moved on to a place with friends and his family. These days are as they are, and cherishing them is my new goal. Yes, i sometimes need a break, and yes, these days can find themselves overwhelming and tiring when he is cutting a tooth or just missed his afternoon nap, but those grumpy days, too, will one day be gone and i will not be able to hold him anymore. It is a new day, it is 7 am and toys are already strown across my living room and my little boy is asking me to come play. I'm going to take this invitation and bid you all a good day! Cherish the messes and love the fusses. One day, those, too, will be gone! What a moment for a young mom that never expected to be here in the first place! What a moment for me. Chip, here comes mommy!!!

No comments: