Wednesday, January 25, 2012

trials and tribulations

So we are all a part of a world that is not ours and not in our control. Tuesday was absolutely one of those days that I was reminded at every turn that the world and my life was out of my control. I was also reminded at every turn that my prayer life and my choices were powerful and strong in battling every day frustrations and 'lousiness' of the world.

After a day that finished up with me having to shove Chip Sharp through a window to break into my own house (don't ask! I TOLD YOU it was a loooong day!), I ended up in bed in silence with a lot running through my mind. All I knew to do, was to not complain, not gripe, not fuss, not ask why, but to speak with the Lord and ask "What do I do with this?" All there was to do was to take my frustrations and my day and lay them at the Lord's feet and say, "here is all the crap and trash from today, Lord, now you take it, do away with it, teach me from it, and let's rest and get ready for tomorrow!"

I was speaking with a really good friend Tuesday night, just having a 'moment' as I like to call them, and we discussed that Jesus is the light of the world, yes, but He only promises to be the Lamp unto my feet - NOT the spotlight into my future. We also discussed that we are to "Be anxious about nothing, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." That is great to tell other people, but when you have had the day like I had Tuesdsay, to make all of my requests to the Lord WITH THANKSGIVING (did I mention that i had the worst day and could find nothing in the moment that i was thankful for at all) seems impossible! That night, though, when I was in bed, I had read a little of a book loaned to me by a friend, gave me a lot of food for thought:

A creator's creation reflects the creator. Our creator is Christ. We long to be satisfied and fulfilled and, as it was proven Tuesday, things and people will never satisfy or fulfill. The only thing that can satisfy or fulfill us is what we were created for, and we were created for a relationship with the Lord. Only the relationship with the Lord will satisfy our deepest longings, hurts, desires and everything else. People will let us down, events will not always turn out right. In those moments, we are to turn to the Lord and let Him satisfy us. Let the Lord comfort our hearts and minds when it is all going awry. And as we will be there for every single thing that our children needs or even sometimes wants, so our creator, the Lord, will be there for every single thing we need!

That is the heart of a creator, to protect, satisfy, and comfort His creation. Isn't that the heart of us toward our children? If we are that way with our children, how much more does the Lord feel that toward us!

<><
Rebecca

No comments: