Sunday, February 10, 2013

Isaiah 43:16-21

16 Isaiah 43:16-21 says this:
"the Lord says—
    he who made a way through the sea,
    a path through the mighty waters,
17 who drew out the chariots and horses,
    the army and reinforcements together,
and they lay there, never to rise again,
    extinguished, snuffed out like a wick:
18 “Forget the former things;
    do not dwell on the past.
19 See, I am doing a new thing!
    Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
    and streams in the wasteland.
20 The wild animals honor me,
    the jackals and the owls,
because I provide water in the wilderness
    and streams in the wasteland,
to give drink to my people, my chosen,
21     the people I formed for myself
    that they may proclaim my praise."

I feel like, lately, the Lord is calling me to a new place in my life. "Well, where?" you might ask and if you do, you are joining me in asking the same question, but for now, I still find myself uncertain where that place is. I have a feeling that the Lord is creating in me a desire and some things that are weighing heavy on my heart and I will continue to pray upon those things, as they are not small endeavors, but for now, I feel like this is where he is calling me - my blog. Our family has been through a lot in our 'short' seven years (marriage and Chip) and the Lord has grown me, taught me, shown me and brought me into a new place. This place and the things that I have learned, I feel like it is time to share. Much of my blog and what I do here is for me, the Lord, and one day for Chip - to see what all was going on and how far he had come (having a baby makes you think that way!) and that is still so true, but I recognize the power in a testimony that was orchestrated and ordained by the Lord. I also recognize the dishonor we do to the Lord if we don't share those stories, our lessons, and where we are now with others!

So hold on, get ready for some silly stories, a few tears, a few shockers, a few really cool things, and open your heart to what the Lord might be sharing with you and teaching you on this journey! Feel free to comment and share with others, but most importantly, open your heart to what the Lord is saying to you!

Until the story begins....... Have a great day!

No comments: