Thursday, March 21, 2013

a beautiful woman

Well this past week I made a whirlwind trip to Alabama to bury, not only a friend and mentor, but definitely my 'other mom.' Cathy Wilson and I met in 1999 at Blue Lake Camp on my Chrysalis walk. She and her beautiful husband, Ken, gave a talk on marriage, and I knew then and know today that the Lord crossed our paths on purpose! 'Mom' and I continually were in contact over instant messaging (yes, I am old enough to know what that is and to have used it!), telephone calls, and then once I went to college in Mobile, AL, she became my 'I don't feel good' go-to and my 'can I just come lay on your couch and get a hug from a mom' person!

She was my hero in so many ways and was one who never shied away from her faith, her struggles, her testimony, or her one and true savior - Jesus Christ! She showed me what it was like to love with a love that reflects Jesus, to walk with a confidence in your one and true savior, and to live life and share Christ to all those around you! 'Mom' blessed you with her presence and it was said at the funeral that if you had been in the room with Cathy, that you surely had experienced the presence of the Lord, and no truer fact could there be!

Cathy Wilson taught me and so many others so much about Christ and she showed me, by her life, an example of the life I strive to live. So many tears have been shed over this loss - selfish ones! Loss and grief is such an earthly emotion. She rejoiced last Sunday on the day that she met Jesus and was able to walk in His garden! She has been given a new body that is free of cancer; a body that she can dance totally Undignified with as David did before the Lord! She is even going to be rejoicing on this Easter Sunday as she celebrates the resurrection of the Risen Lord, with the Risen Lord himself!

On this side of heaven, though, is a gap... a missing piece. A conversation that I want to have with her is left unsaid; a hug that I would like to have from her will go undone; a joy in her eyes that could light up an room or make any circumstance seem bearable has been taken away..... for now.

HOWEVER, the life in this is that once again, we will meet again! She will be waiting for all of those she loved and all of us who loved her at the gates of Heaven whether on the day the Lord returns or the day that we meet him through an earthly death.

Cathy Wilson - 'mom' to many, has been renewed in Christ! Fly With Christ, 'Mom'! I love you!

~Becca :)

No comments: