Wednesday, August 15, 2012

a month, and then what?

So as I woke up this morning, I felt a little cloudy - similar to the weather today. We are so happy and so blessed up here. The Lord has done what He does best, and that is to go above and beyond all means to make sure that we are provided for and that His presence is ever near.


There are, though, those days where the familiar things seem to be further away than other days. Things like the smells and sounds of Dothan, the little nuances that we took for granted that are not there anymore. Those tend to be the things that I find myself missing on days like today.

Things like silly inside jokes, secret escapes with girlfriends, and fun relaxing spots for you and your family! Also, things that we take for granted such as grocery stores and brands that we just "know" to be able to go get. Those people in your life that you can call and say that you absolutely didn't want or need anything at all and yet you wanted to call them and "talk".

Days like today, though, I also remember why I am here. I remember how in 2002 I met, and then in 2005 married my life partner (in crime!?!?) and best friend! I remember how he is the head of our home and how he is following the Lord's tug on his heart to take a huge step of faith and how blessed we have been for it! I see how far our marriage has come in those 6 1/2 years and think about how I wouldn't trade one single argument or bad day for anything in the world. Where we are today is a result of where we were yesterday! 



I find strength on days like today in the scriptures such as these two:

*This is the day that the Lord has made! I will rejoice and be glad in it! ~Psalm 118:24
*Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. ~ Isaiah 40:28-31

I find strength in the Lord and I find fulfillment in His presence within me! We will be going to do a fun family outing in a little while (I'm not telling what, yet!) and will blog about it with fun pictures soon! Until then, keep the faith, keep your head up, and keep on keeping on! :)

~Becca

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love all of you DEARLY and proud of where you are today - physically and spiritually! We miss you but know you are where you are supposed to be! Love you! Call if you ever need me or just want to say "Hi"!! Hoppie