Tuesday, April 30, 2013

the battle is the Lords

Well, we arrived safely here in Alabama with little to no hassle. A mini-scare on the airplane that made me a little concerned that I wouldn't make it to Atlanta on time, but we did and all was well. We are here now, and trying to get our 'sea legs' about us. I unpacked our suitcases and put clothes in drawers, got toothbrushes out, got some play time in between all the summer showers (welcome back to the south!), and now Ii am fighting a small battle with Chip of obeying and following certain rules - but considering all the elements, he is doing GREAT. We will get there - it just might take some time.

Today, though, I experienced my first battle that will be one of many I'm sure. I feel like we had a mini victory and now we are moving on. We did find out a little more information about the upcoming time frame as well as were able to move an appointment without 'losing our place in line' for the DBS. Just like in David fighting his giant - Goliath - so we find ourselves fighting this giant of Dystonia and claiming as David did that "All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the Lord saves; for the battle is the Lord’s, and he will give all of you into our hands.” Psalm 18:2 says, The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." PRAISE BE TO GOD!

We are all adjusting well and, though, I tell you what - it is HOT in Alabama, folks! I mean FOR REAL HOT! I can't help but laugh at myself thinking how miserably hot and humid it is. I have not lived in PA for even a year, and boy, 9 months makes a huge difference!

The family time being here is good. The laughter and joy that Chip has been able to bring my dad has been priceless. The laughs that we have shared over silly things or even laughing at some fun past stories has made this so bearable. My mom mentioned how she didn't realize how 'quiet' the house had become until we got here - and that is a good thing. Mom has gotten some much needed rest and taken quite a few naps since I've been here. We are even hoping that she will have the opportunity and feel the freedom to be able to go back to work next week.

I will be posting pictures soon and more information about Dystonia, but until then, keep praying and please spread information about Dystonia to all you know!

No comments: