Friday, June 6, 2008

debate over names

So what is it about becoming a grandma that has my mom's panties all in a wad!?!? The family joke/debate is what my mother will be called as these 2 babies come into the world in the next few months and it has caused MAJOR laughter, threats, and lots of terrible names to come out as options. It all started with being called "Lolly" or "Lolli" *however you want to spell it* which mom just absolutely bucked 100%! Howard and I both thought that it was a FABULOUS name... how cute, simple, and unique, right!?!? But nooooo... mom 'bout died! I made the mistake of telling her that she could be Lolli and dad could be Pop and they could make LolliPop and that pushed her over the edge. She dug her heels in and absolutely refused!

At this point, the harrasment began as my brother, sister-in-law, Tony, and I all decided we were going to come up with SOMETHING and before these babies were born! If you know my family well enough, you can only imagine some of the names that have been brought to the table! Boy has it gotten funny. Well, today, it hit its pinnacle when I was online and found that there ARE IN FACT names out there worse than Lolli! For starters "Bubbles": can we say, 'big, scary DHR worker from Lilo and Stitch!?!?' and then, to top all of our efforts off, "Bube" (pronounced boobie) that is the yiddish word for grandmother. Well, at that, i about wet my pants *which is quite a common 'almost' being 8 1/2 months pregnant*! Immediately, i picked up the phone and told mom that it could be certainly worse and in mid-conversation, we might just have come up with a compromise on "Lola". Who knows what the baby will come up with when its born but its bound to be a joke for ever and ever in the Hornsby household!

1 comment:

Deandra said...

I thought "Lolli" was a fabulous idea. How cute was that? "LolliPop"